Our mission at Uncommon Dream is to encourage our readers to lead intentional lives and to follow their dreams. We post articles on a variety of topics that serve that purpose. Our emphasis is on minimalism and personal finance as we believe improvements in these areas can further almost any other goal.
If you have an idea for a guest post that you think would be a good fit for this site and benefit our readers, you are welcome to submit it for consideration. Unpublished and published writers alike are welcome to propose and submit articles.
Guest posts are accepted solely on the merit of the work and potential benefit to our readers.
The process for submitting a guest post for consideration is as follows:
Submit a Proposal
We encourage you to first submit a proposal summarizing the article before sending us your full post. Proposals should include the following:
- The proposed title
- A synopsis of the article
- Your bio (which may include a photo and link to your site, if you’d like)
- Time needed to complete and submit the article to us, if accepted
The proposed article should be consistent with the mission of Uncommon Dream. Please take some time to review our prior articles to ensure your proposed article will be a good fit for our site.
We do not accept articles that have been published elsewhere on the internet. Once your article is published at Uncommon Dream, we ask that you do not subsequently publish it elsewhere on the internet. Duplicate content will not be posted or will be removed.
We respond to all guest post proposals within 72 hours. Upon acceptance, we’ll confirm the date by which we’ll need to receive your article and any associated images.
Submit Your Article
We prefer that you submit your article in Markdown or HTML format. Doing so will ensure your intended formatting is maintained when we migrate your article to WordPress. Other standard text formats including Word files, PDFs, and text files are also perfectly acceptable.
Please ensure that your submission adheres to the following guidelines:
- The writing should be focused, well crafted, and of a professional quality.
- Please proofread your article prior to submission. We do not accept articles with numerous spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- We reserve the right to edit your article, such as to correct minor mechanical issues or to link to other relevant posts. If we make any material changes to your article, we’ll give you the chance to review our changes before we publish it.
- Any submitted images should be free of licensing restrictions or approved for use on our site.
We will review and respond to your guest post submission within 72 hours. As such, we kindly request that you do not submit the article for consideration to other sites simultaneously.
Upon acceptance, we’ll confirm the date and time that your article will be published.
Promote Your Published Article
- We encourage you to link to your guest post and share it on your social media channels.
- Please make yourself available to engage in the comments section of your guest post—it means a lot to our readers.